And so the start of the rest of my life began today... I went to my first day of grad school at the University of Tennessee (In Nashville). So why choose today to start a blog? Well, I decided I needed an outlet from this crazy part of my life where I could truly reflect on the roses and thorns of my day. Living in Nashville is absolutely incredible, however, living here on my own has taken some getting used to. Thankfully I have the faithful companionship of one little black lab who has stolen my heart and gives love unconditionally. This is a nice trait after a long day of researching, classes and paper writing.
I am very excited to be getting my social work degree. This is something that I have been wanting for a few years now and it is FINALLY coming true. I love the compassion aspect of this profession. While there are so many areas where I can work with my degree, I do hope to become a medical social worker and specialize in oncology social work. This is where my heart truly lies.
GOALS FOR FALL 2010 SEMESTER
1. Do not procrastinate on school work
2. When in the room, Be in the room
3. Actively participate in every class session
4. Earn at least a 3.75 to be a candidate for Phi Alpha
5. Still be an active member of the YTF for the ACS
6. Take Brody for a long walk every morning and night
7. Excel in Practicum
8. Blog about the important things going on in my life :)

WAHOO!! CONGRATS. GOOD LUCK! Excited to hear about it! Welcome to the blogging world.
ReplyDeleteYou will do great. I am so happy for you, just remember your friends in Alabama. Hey I am coming to Nashville August 27th & 28th for the ACS Summit. Maybe we can have a late dinner on Friday night. I will be staying at Embassy Suites in Nashville.
ReplyDeleteLove You,
Pennie
Congratulations! I'm starting my master's degree next week at Emory. I really empathize with your goals.
ReplyDeleteWe love and miss you in 1240!!!
ReplyDelete